Technology Year 9
Teacher in Charge: Mr P. Nyberg
In Year 9, Technology is taught as a multi-material, design-based subject, introducing students to Wood, Metal, and Plastic technologies. The course also aims to enhance students’ use of design and evaluation techniques and develop not only practical and problem-solving skills but also an understanding of the wider effects that technology plays within society.
Students will learn
- Health and safety codes of practice.
- Understand materials and their properties.
- Explore a range of materials and techniques.
- How to use hand tools.
- Develop graphical presentation skills.
- Understand products that exist in our world and how and why they are the way they are.
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) to design and make a product on the school's Laser Cutter.
Recommended Prior Learning