Digital Technology Year 10 (Option 1)
Teacher in Charge: Mr P. Nyberg
This course consists of 4 main bodies of work:
1. Planning Tools
In conjunction with either the Digital Media or Computer Programming topics, students will be able to write a proposal and use planning tools to assist in the management of Digital Projects. Students will learn to:
- Develop and an understanding of planning tools (these could include MS Project or MS Excel), and their use
- Construct a plan that outlines the steps to be taken / resources required, to meet the project requirements
- Develop a proposal that meets the project requirements, through research, feedback and allocation of resources
2. Digital Media - Website
Students will explore design and communication through the use of digital media (developing a website). Students will learn to:
- Use appropriate design techniques and elements to produce an outcome
- Use HTML and CSS to construct a functioning website
- Understand and apply ethical practice to outcomes
- Develop and ensure appropriate functionality of the website
3. Computer Programming
- Problem solve to ensure that the programme performs the specified tasks.
- Plan well structured and logical code and document this process.
- Test and refine the code to ensure that it functions as expected.
4. New Digital Technologies
Students will have the opportunity to use one of the following technologies to support their development of Digital Technologies. They will investigate the impact of this technology on society and how it can support the advancement of society and business, through their applications. Technologies can include: 3D modelling, Animation, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Control Mechanisms. Students will learn to:
- Understand present day and future problem solving possibilities of this technology
- Have an appreciation of the moral and ethical issues surrounding its use.
- Further develop their digital technological skills (digital media, computer programming skills, human computer interaction) associated with this technology.
Recommended Prior Learning
User Experience Designer, Test Analyst, Network Administrator, Geospatial Specialist, Security Analyst, Penetration Tester, Security Consultant, Data Analyst, Scrum Master, Clinical Coder, Information Technology Manager, Systems Administrator, Business Analyst, Software Developer, Information Technology Architect, Electronics Engineer, Game Developer, Biomedical Engineer,